Thursday, February 26, 2009

One Year Ago

As I sit here and think about this pass year I think of the hard times, the fun times, and the stressful times. Well one year ago at this time (1834) I be leave I was in the air flying to San Antonio TX for the most interesting 6 weeks of my life. Basic Military Training for the US Air Force. I remember sitting on the plane trying to think what it may be like. Yea quick note my father is a Vietnam Vet so he told me story’s about how basic was like when he was going through it. Then I remember how it was getting off the plane in TX then getting to Lackland AFB then I remember some things that happened when I was there but I also remember the people. Then I left Lackland after 6 and a half long weeks. And I ended up at Keesler AFB in the great state of Mississippi. Yea now there is two states I don’t care to visit again in my life but knowing fully that I very well could. But I was going to Keesler for 3A training. A job the US Airforce picked for me. So I had the greatest teacher of all time when I was down there. So I graduated out of Tech School after a fun 8 weeks I was at Mississippi for about 10 weeks in total. So then I was stationed at Wright Patterson AFB. And that is where I am now. It is an ok base but a lot of civ’s around. And now I have learned a lot and understand a lot more about life then I did before I enlisted. But it has been a good ride so far and I have had fun all and all. So here is to one year active duty Airforce. HUA!!


3 comments:

  1. Congrats, John!
    I am so very proud of how far you have come in one year! The next five years (or more) will hold so many amazing adventures for you and I will be your #1 fan every step of the way!
    I remember clearly saying 'so long' to you at MEPS, knowing huge life changes were in front of you!
    I've loved you each moment you have been a part of me and will love you always!
    ~Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything happens for a reason and we can't always explain it. But we should enjoy every minute of it regardless; and I bet you're rather good at doing just that :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations John! Each year will go so quickly and before you know it you will be ready to retire. I swear that is how it went for me.

    ReplyDelete